“Helping Those Work Through Their Struggles”
Community Rehabilitation Center, Inc. Was founded in 1993 in response to the immense community need for a comprehensive mental health program for the minority population Northside. Since the agency's beginning,CRC has significantly expanded servíceš to also provide a comprehensive, multicultural mental health program that serves more than 300 clients daily. In addition to mental health, CRC also provides services to address the substance abuse, HIV, and primary health care needs of the community.
- June 1993: Articles of Incorporation filed with the State of Florida.
- November 2002: Accredited by CARF.
- July 1998: Purchased current 16,000 square foot facility at 623 Beechwood St.
- August 2006: Branched out into economic development; began developing 8,000 square feet of physical space for business enterprises in the Pearl Plaza on N. Pearl St. in Jacksonville.
- September 2009: Launched the CRC Institute to train and certify un- and under-employed people as solar and green construction technicians.